Meeting the Challenges of Recruitment and Retention in Clinical Research
Meeting the challenges of recruitment and retention in research can be a major pressure for those working in front line clinical research posts. These pressures are often driven by recruitment targets linked to ongoing funding to maintain research posts i.e. jobs!
This workshop will focus on systems, processes, planning and engaging with unusual suspects to help you make your studies successful. You will also have a better understanding of the psychology behind why people participate in clinical research and why they don’t!
This workshop will focus on:
- The role of the research practitioner in recruiting and retaining participants in clinical research.
- What motivates people to participate in research and how to consider these motivators in your research.
- Strategies for promoting recruitment and retention.
- Making your systems and relationships the focus of successful recruitment.
- Who can you engage to help you raise awareness of research and reach your targets with more ease.
Course material will be delivered through presentations, interactive sessions, small group work and personal reflection.
Facilitators: Dr Leslie Gelling and Kelly Gleason