This course is designed to educate and support research staff at the forefront of patient care. The course is aimed primarily at clinical research nurses and practitioners who are starting a career in clinical research, but would be suitable and open to all clinical research staff looking for a refresher course. The course has been developed by senior clinical research staff who have experienced the ‘highs and lows’ of working in clinical research.
The course aims to demonstrate how Good Clinical Practice applies to the ‘life’ of a trial from a practical perspective whilst:
- teaching you how to work efficiently, dealing with the various demands and pressures of the many stakeholders whilst keeping patient care at the forefront.
- pointing you to the most important and best resources available.
- providing unique, practical tools to integrate immediately into practice to improve your efficiency.
- providing information to work more at ease with the regulation and legislation that governs research.
- helping you to understand better your role in the clinical research team and offering ideas for future career pathways in the field of clinical research.
The course will be delivered via presentations and practical sessions. The presenters aim to create a professional, relaxed atmosphere where everyone feels open to asking questions, relaying their own experiences and sharing ideas.
Course facilitators: Lavinia Magee and Kelly Gleason