Our Next Course:
8 July 2020 at
The aim of this webinar series is to provide delegates with a practical overview of the process and requirements for seeking informed consent to undertake research in the NHS.
During this four-part webinar series we will examine:
- the nature of informed consent for research as well as the essential components of informed consent according to GCP.
- the legal and ethical requirements with which researchers must comply when seeking informed consent for research.
- the role of the research nurse or practitioner in obtaining informed consent.
- preparation of participant information sheets and consent forms.
- seeking informed consent in more complex situations, including research involving children, emergency situations and adults who lack capacity to consent.
July 8th 19:00-20:15 Introduction to informed consent
July 15th 19:00-20:15 Legal and ethical considerations when seeking informed consent
July 22th 19:00-20:15 The role of the researcher when seeking informed consent
July 29th 19:00-20:15 Seeking informed consent in complex situations
Course Facilitators: Dr Leslie Gelling and Kelly Gleason